Department of cardiology was started in year 1996, since last 22 years the department has grown in all aspects and is still remains growing day by day. At present we have six consultants in our department, doing the highest number of cardiac interventional procedure in North Karnataka with maximum patient drainage from North Karnataka, south Maharashtra and Goa. We do more than > 600 Cardiac Cath procedure every month, > 150 Angioplasties, > 450 Angiographies, > 25 Balloon Valvotomies, > 15 pacemakers, Pediatric ASD/VSD/PDA device closure procedure and cardiac cath.
Majority of procedures involve critically ill referred patient, complex angioplasties like chronic total occlusions, bifurcation stenting and left main stenting. We Provide the best state of critical care with our large team of doctors, Post graduates, DM-Registrars and trained nursing staffs.
The department has grown tremendously in academic field. Apart from this B.Sc cardiac technology courses. DM cardiology was started in 2006 with one candidate, at present we have 3 DM seat admission per year. Our department was Second Department in Karnataka to start M.Sc Echocardiography course. Our department has many international, national & regional publications. We have our presence in each & every cardiology conferences in abroad & in India by our papers, publication & by resource person or faculty. In last two years, six world renowned interventional cardiologist have visited our centre and have shared there technical skills in our departmental workshops. Our faculties have been honored with prestigious fellowships and awards. Everyday is adding in our progress and will still keep growing further.
KLE’s Dr Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belgaum, the department was commissioned in June 1996 with basic investigations like ECG, ECHO, TMT and 17 bedded ICCU and cardiac Cath-Lab was installed in January 1997. Initially the department was performing 20-30 procedures per month with 2 consultants. Since then the department has grown leaps and bounds functioning presently with 6 fulltime consultants consistently performing more than 600 Cath procedures every month, which includes >150 complex multi vessel angioplasties, > 450 diagnostic angiographies, > 20 Balloon valvotomies, > 15 Permanent pacemaker implantations and other procedures like ASD/ PDA/VSD device closure procedures. Majority of this procedures are highly complex critically ill patients with complex chronic total occlusions, bifurcations stenting and left man stenting. Because of the above highly skilled capabilities we have gained national recognition with patients coming from North and interior Karnataka, South Maharashtra and state of Goa.
Academically our department has gained national and international recognition with our faculty presently on several national and international platforms and show casing our glorious performances and also presenting several original research publications.
Our department currently offers DM cardiology course( 3 seats) recognitionsed by MCI, M Sc Echocardiography, B Sc cardiac technology, and one year fellowship courses in non- invasive and invasive cardiology.
Our faculty have been honored by prestigious , International Fellowships and awards for their meritorious work in the field of cardiology.
The department grows and grows consistently in persuit of perfection and achieving highest standards in the field of cardiology and with a vision to step-up a new bench mark in cardiac care delivery with a moto of “Cardiac Care Redefined….!”
MDDM, FACC, FAPSIC, FCSI, FSCAI
Professor & HOD Cardiology,
KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Centre
KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research (Deemed-to-be University), Belagavi (Belgaum) 590010, Karnataka, India
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS International/National/State/Regional
1. FACC (2011) Fellow of American College of Cardiology, New Orleans, LA, USA.
2. FAPSIC (2012) Fellow of Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology, New Delhi.
3. FCSI (2012) Fellow of Cardiological Society of India, New Delhi.
4. FSCAI (2013) Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Lasvagas (USA).
5. Sirigannada Award (2018) Sirignannda Rashtriya Pratisthan, 12th Annual Day function at Kumar Gandharv Hall, Belgaum.
1. Presenting case on “1. Complex Cardiac case with large thrombus load” 2. RCA Rotablation at India Live -2016, New Delhi from 26 to 28th February 2016.
2. “Long segment calcific lesion-Rotablation & Imaging” at ACT- 2016, Chennai from 13 to 15th August 2016.
3. Presented a Case on “Stuck Burr During ROTA ACI” & My Experience with next generation 50um EES-Ever mine -50” India Live-2017, New Delhi from 02/03/2017 to 04/03/2017.
4. Presented on “1. As a faculty & gave lecture on (speaker) “Accidental Explanation of a deployed stent 2. Chairperson for Session V “STEMI INTERVENTION” at INDIA LIVE-2018, Chennai, India from 28th Feb to 3rd March 2018.
5. Discussion on “Trans catheter Valve and structural Therapies” with interventional cardiologists. At India Valves-2018, New Delhi from 31/08/2018 with 02/09/2018.
6. Presentation on “Pregnancy with Prosthetic Heart Valves-Practice guidelines” at KSOGA Conference -2018, Bagalkot from 06.10.2018 to 07.10.2018.
7. 1. Speaker on “One year clinical outcomes of Ultrathin strut everolimus eluting coronary stent system ( 50um)for treatment of patient with denovo coronary artery lesions “ 2. Penalist for session “Trans septal Intervention Mitral Clip and LAA closure Devices 3. Penalist for session” Plaques, Scaffolds & Polymers” at India Live-2019, Mumbai 01.03.2019 & 02.03.2019, Mumbai.
8. 1. Oral presentation on “PCI in complex High Risk Patient” 2. & Expert faculty for the “Workshop 4 – IMPELLA/SHOCKWAVE” at CHIP CTO-New Delhi, 10.1.2020 TO 12.01.2020.
9. Presented case on “ Emergency management of type IV coronary perforation” INDIA Live- 2020, New Delhi. On 28.02.2020.
1. Presented case on “Stuck Rota burr during PCI” &“ Retrograde PCI in CTO“ at EURO PCR-2017, Europe.
2. Presented case on:
a. Management of major complications during PCI.
b. Knots and fractures; how to deal with mechanical catheter failures.
c. E- poster presentation “Multicenter clinical outcomes of hybrid tapered sirolimus eluting coronary stent system with biodegradable polymer in long diffuse denovo coronary artery disease.“
d. E poster presentation cinical outcomes of ultrathin strut biodegradable polymer coated everolimus eluting coronary stent system in treatment of patient with de novo coronary artery lesions. At EURO PCR-2018, 22 to 25.05.2018, Europe.
3. Poster presentation on “One –year clinical One –year clinical outcomes after percutaneous intervention with biodegradable polymer Ultra thin Strut Everolimus-Eluting stent system“ at TCT -2019, San Francisco, CA.
KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, in collaboration with the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC) brings together a dedicated team of physicians, surgeons and healthcare specialists to provide healthcare and hospitality under one roof, thus giving it a perfect academic-and-professional blend.