Dr. Iranna Mallappa Hittalamani
MBBS, MD, FVIR
English, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil
Dr. Iranna M Hittalamani is a Consultant & Assistant Professor in Department of Interventional Radiology at KLES Dr.Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Belagavi. He completed his MBBS from BIMS, Belagavi and pursued his MD Radio Diagnosis from Shri B.M..Patil Medical College, Vijayapura. He completed his Fellowship in Vascular & Interventional Radiology from the prestigious Rela Institute and Medical Centre, Chennai which is a quaternary care international facility for Hepatobiliary Sciences and Liver Transplantation. He has received extensive training in the field of Interventional Oncology in treatment of Liver and Kidney Cancer, including Interventions pertaining to Liver and Renal Transplantations. He specializes in various fields of interventional radiology such as Deep vein thrombosis, peripheral arterial diseases, pulmonary artery thrombosis etc. He also has special interest in the obstetric hemorrhage interventions like uterine artery embolization and infertility treatments such as varicocele embolization and ovarian vein embolization.
- Interventional Oncology
- Varicose Veins
- Peripheral Vascular Intervention
- Interventions in Chronic Pelvic Pain and Varicocele
- Treatment of Uterine fibroids and vascular malformations
- Percutaneous Interventions for Vascular Malformations
- Hepatobiliary Intervention
- Liver and Renal Transplantation interventions
- Stroke Interventions
- Hemodialysis access management
- Deep vein thrombosis management
- Pulmonary thrombosis Management
- Bronchial artery embolization
- Hittalamani IM, Lakhkar BB, Pattanashetti RC, Lakhkar BN. Acoustic radiation force impulse elastography of the liver as a screening tool for liver fibrosis in alcoholic liver disease. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2019;29:190-4.
- Hittalamani I, Bell D, Knipe H, Benign metastasizing tumors. Reference article, Radiopaedia.org https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-47457
- Hittalamani I, Weerakkody Y, Gaillard F, Benign metastasizing meningioma. Reference article, Radiopaedia.org https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-47458
- Hittalamani I, Bell D, Weerakkody Y, et al. Focal dermal hypoplasia syndrome. Reference article, Radiopaedia.org https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-44002
- Vaishnav PA, Hittalamani IM, Mindolli SB, et al. Glioependymal cyst- A rare case report. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2017; 4(88), 5218-5220. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2017/1042.
- Rohini R Pattanshetti, Iranna M Hittalamani, Namit M Garg, Shivu Jayadev. THYROID HEMIAGENESIS IN A YOUNG BOY: A RARE CASE REPORT. International Journal of Anatomy, Radiology, and Surgery[serial online] 2018 January
- Satish Patil, Parth Vaishnav, Veeresh Hanchinal, Iranna Hittalamani. Carotid Body Tumour: A Rare Case Report
- Kumar Avinash, Lakhkar Bhushita, Hittalamani Iranna Mallappa and Ballur Holebasu Effectiveness and validity of sonographic evaluation in acute scrotum – a study of 50 cases International Journal of Current Research 10 (06), 70548-70552.
- Sampath S, Mukul V, Iranna MH. Diffuse Intense Pleural FDG Uptake with Smooth Thickening: A MARKER ofTuberculosis in Isolated Pleural Effusion. Int J Nuclear Med Radioactive Subs 2022, 5(2): 000148 DOI: 10.23880/ijnmrs-16000148
- Oral Paper Presentation: “Shear Wave Elastography of Clinically Normal Achilles Tendon”. The paper was presented at the 17th Asian-Oceanian Conference of Radiology & 71st Conference of IRIA held in January 2018 at Mumbai.
- Poster Presentation: “Ruptured uterine horn pregnancy”. This e-poster was presented at the 17th Asian-Oceanian Conference of Radiology & 71st Conference of IRIA held in January 2018 at Mumbai.
- Oral Paper Presentation: “Clinical utility of LIRADS- Treatment Response Algorithm in Locoregional treatment of HCC” presented at 22nd Annual conference of the ISVIR in January 2022
- Thesis: Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse Elastography of Liver in Alcoholic Liver Disease. Submitted and Published at BLDEU(Deemed to be University). Also Published in the national society journal Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging (Hittalamani IM, Lakhkar BB, Pattanashetti RC, Lakhkar BN. Acoustic radiation force impulse elastography of the liver as a screening tool for liver fibrosis in alcoholic liver disease. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2019;29:190-4.)
Fellowship and Membership
- ISVIR – Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (Life Member)
- CIRSE – Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (Corresponding Member)
- APSCVIR – Asia Pacific Society Of Cardiovascular And Interventional Radiology (Life member)
- RSNA – Radiological Society of North America (Corresponding Member)
- ESR – European Society of Radiology
- FMF – Fetal Medicine Foundation (Member)