Dr. Jayaprakash Appajigol
MBBS, MD (General Medicine)
Kannada, Marathi, Hindi, English
Im an accomplished medical professional who has made significant contributions to the field of general medicine. I completed my MD in General Medicine in 2006 and began career at Wockhardt Hospital in Bangalore, where I honed my skills as a physician.
After working at Apollo’s OPEC hospital in Raichur, I joined JNMC/KLE hospital in 2008, where I quickly established myself as a one of the leading general medicine doctor. My colleagues and patients recognize me for my caring nature and empathy towards patients.
Throughout my career, I have conducted several landmark clinical research studies in critical care, including SPUTNIK vaccine, SCARLET, Lifenox, Molnupiravir, and others. My research has been widely recognized, and I received International Diabetes Federation grants from Brussels, Belgium, for my contributions to the field of diabetes.
My expertise in the field of medicine has also led to invitations to participate in prestigious events such as the Cambridge Diabetes Seminar at Clare College, Cambridge, UK.
Overall, I have made significant contributions to the field of medicine and have positively impacted the lives of countless patients. My dedication to my patients and my commitment to advancing medical research make me a highly respected and admired medical professional.
- Infectious diseases
- Handling multiple comorbidities
- Critical care
- Invited participant for the 11th Cambridge Diabetes Seminar on “Epidemiological and public health aspects of Diabetes”, held in Clare College, Cambridge, United Kingdom, from 2nd July 2011 to 8th July 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation Grantee for the World Diabetes Congress held at Melbourne, Australia in December 2013.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Manjunath Somannavar, Ramesh Araganji. Feasibility of Oral Glucose Tolerance Test as a Diagnostic Tool for Diabetes Prevalence Study in a Rural Community. Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2011;3(9): 53-56.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Srivivasmurthy A. G. Qualitative assay of C- reactive proteins in acute coronary syndromes . International Multidisciplinary Research Journal 2012; 2(11): 05-08.
- V Channaraya,R K Marya, M Somasundaram,Debashish Mitra, K D Tibrewala, BRIGHT investigators( Jayaprakash Appajigol). Efficacy and tolerability of a Beta-1 selective Beta blocker, bisoprolol, as a first-line antihypertensive in Indian patients diagnosed with essential hypertension (BRIGHT): an open-label, multicentric observational study. BMJ Open 2012;2.
- Kajagar B.M, Mahishale. V, Jayaprakash Appajigol, Halabhavi S. N, Hazare S. Tuberculosis of liver in a patient with AIDS- A case report. Lifeline, Journal of KLE’s Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and MRC Jan. 2013;24: 35-36.
- Somannavar MS, Jayaprakash Appajigol. Knowledge,Attitudes, and Practices of Public Sector Primary Health Care Physicians ofRural North Karnataka towards obesity management. J Family Medicine and PrimaryCare 2014;3:400-3.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Srinivas B. Knowledge and Practices of Rural Family Physicians and Obstetricians towards Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health 2015; 2: 153-5.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Manjunath Somannavar, Ramesh Araganji. Performance of diabetes risk scores with or without point of care blood glucose estimation. Journal of the scientific society. 2015;42:24-6.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Manjunath Somannavar, Ramesh Araganji. Prevalence of type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes among a rural community of North Karnataka. Biomedicine. 2016; 3(36): 30-35.
- Praveen Raj, RP. Garg, AK Kustagi, Dinesh Agarwal. Jayaprakash Appajigol et al. A cross-sectional, multi-centric, epidemiological study of diabetic neuropathy and associated co-morbidities in type 2 diabetic patients in India. British Journal of Medical and Health Research. 2016;3: 23-36.
- Santosh Shukla, Ganachari MS, Jayaprakash Appajigol, Geetanjali Salimath, Saurabh Gaur and Vaneeta Dhyani. Efficacy and Safety of Atorvastatin in Dyslipidemic Patients at Tertiary Care Hospital. Biochemistry & Pharmacology. 2018;7(3):256.
- Abhishek T.G, Arathi Darshan , Jayaprakash Appajigol, Naveen Angadi, Dr. Vijayalakshmi Chikkamath. Association between carotid intima media thickness and metabolic syndrome. International Journal of Advances in Medicine. 2018 Dec;5(6):1503-1509.
- Vijayalakshmi Chikkamath, Arathi Darshan, Jayaprakash Appajigol, Naveen Angadi, Abhishek T.G. Fibrinogen Levels In Type II Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Microvascular Complications. International Journal of Advances in Medicine.2018 Dec;5(6):1428-1431.
- Modi Ranjan, M.R. Prasad, Jayaprakash Appajigol., Important coronary anomaly that may be missed by many cardiac interventionists! IHJ Cardiovasc Case Rep.2018;1-2.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol. Present Scenario of Adult Hypertension: Family Physician Perspective. Journal of the scientific society. 2018;45:51-2.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol. Preoperative management of hypertension. Journal of the scientific society. 2018;45:110.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Manjunath Somannavar, Ramesh Araganji. Assessment of knowledge, attitude, and practices of medical officers in primary health centers regarding type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of Medicine. 2019;20:63-67
- Jean-Louis Vincent, Bruno Francois, Igor Zabolotskikh et al, SCARLET Trial Group (Jayaprakash Appajigol). Effect of a Recombinant Human Soluble Thrombomodulin on Mortality in Patients With Sepsis-Associated Coagulopathy. The SCARLET Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 2019; E9-E10.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol. Study of Practices Regarding Dengue Fever Among Adult Population Visiting A Tertiary Care Hospital. Life Line, Journal of KLEs Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Research.2019;37:21-23.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol. Audio-visual consent process in clinical research. J Sci Soc 2018;45:111-2.
- Adarshkumar Bellad, Rajiv Raina, Sanjeev Asotra, Malay Sarkar, Ashok Sharma, Jayaprakash Appajigol. Endothelial Function and Subclinical Atherosclerosis in
Patients of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Journal of the Bahrain Medical Society.2019;31(4):1-6.
- Jayaprakash Appajigol, Manjunath Somannavar, Ramesh Araganji. Sensitivity and specificity of waist circumference as a screening tool for assessment of
obesity in rural population. APIK J Int Med 2020;8:11-4.
- Dr. Aastha Poddar, Dr. Abhishek Gogate, Dr. Anusha S Kumbar, Dr. Kurt Sydney Francis Cordeiro, Dr. Jayaprakash Appajigol, Dr. Shivalingappa B.
Javali. Factors associated with case fatality in COVID-19. J Sci Soc 2020;47:79‐84.
- Dr. Aastha Poddar, Dr. Abhishek Gogate, Dr. Anusha S Kumbar, Dr. Kurt Sydney Francis Cordeiro Knowledge, attitude and practice regarding COVID-19
among general population using internet. Medical Journal of Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth. 2020. In press.