Dr. Mallikarjun V Jali
Chief Diabetologist & Professor of Diabetology (Med)
MD, FRCP, FICP, FGSI, D.Litt
Kannada, Hindi, English
- Medical Director and Chief Executive of the KLES Hospital & MRC (January 7, 2003, until November 2, 2022)
- Medical Director and Chief Executive of KLE Cancer Hospital (KAHER) Belagavi Since November 2, 2022.
- Chief Diabetologist & Head, KLES Diabetes Centre (2000-
- Director in charge, KLE Society’s Cancer Hospital
- Professor of Diabetology (Medicine), J. N. Medical College
- All India Institute of Diabetes, Mumbai 1997-98
- Trained in Diabetes – Joslin Diabetes Centre, Harvard University, Boston, USA
- Chairman of Institutional Ethics Committee Meeting of ICMR-National Institute of Traditional Medicine (NITM, Belagavi)
- Former President of the Geriatric Society of India, New Delhi
- President-LC Committee of Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Fort, Belagavi
- Diabetes and its complications
- Best Outgoing student of the College (MBBS) M R Medical College 1977-78
- Recipient of the Dr. B C Roy National Award Fellowship of MCI during postgraduates (1981)
- Bestowed with Dr. R V Sathe National Award from the Diabetes Association of India (1985)
- Karnataka State Rajyothsava Award (2005)
- IMA STATE Award (2006)
- State Red Cross Award ((2006)
- Royal College of London (20016, Edinburgh 2017, Glasgow 2018)
- Lifetime Achievement in the field of medical science given by the Association of Physicians of India Karnataka (2019)
- Sweet Award for recognizing as Best Diabetes Centre 2020 (Hanover-Germany)
- Karnataka State Science & Technology Academy (KSTA), a unit of the Department of Science & Technology, conferred the Honorary Fellowship of the Academy 30th June 2022
- Lifetime achievement award by the Indian Physicians Forum in association with the Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh for his holistic approach to the practice of medicine, “the need of the Hour.
- Honorary D.Litt (Honoris Causa) Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ballari 2022
Lead researcher, 20 clinical trials and clinical research:
- Published 30 indexed articles, 32 medical chapters, published five books, Diabetes-Doctor for public-Bi-annual since 2000, invited speaker at national and international diabetes conferences.
- TB-DM Bi-Directional Study Group, WHO (Geneva), World Diabetes Foundation, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (Paris), MOH (India)
- Published 49 indexed articles, 32 medical chapters, published five books, Diabetes-
- Doctor for public-Bi-annual since 2000, invited speaker at national and international diabetes conferences.
- IMA, API, RSSDI, DiabetesIndia, Geriatric Society of India, Karnataka State Science & Technology Academy, ADA, Sweet-Project(Germany)