Dr. Mrutyunjaya B Bellad
Professor and Senior Consultant Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
MD (Obst& Gyn), FICOG
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Kannada, English, Hindi
I joined this institution in 1990. Since then I have worked in various capacities. Got trained in High Risk Obstetrics management, Open and Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery in Gynecology, Assisted Reproductive Technologies and basic ultrasound in obstetrics and Gynecology and Research in Maternal and Newborn health both in India and Abroad (in USA). Received Fellowship in Perinatology from University of Illinois Chicago, USA and ICOG India (FOGSI).
Managed many Challenging cases in both Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I am heading the unit since 2006 as Professor, Completed my tenure of Head of the Department in 2018.I am a receipient of Best Teacher award in 2011, Best Scientist Award in 2013-14 and Teacher of Teachers Award in 2022 from KAHER Deemed University. Also Receipient if MS Signature Award for Excellent Academics and Phenomenal leadership in community Research,Newton Bhabha TEAM award from MRC London UK and Department of Biotechnology India.
Invited as Guest faculty for for various State National and International academic programs like conferences, CME/ CPDs and workshops.Learnt soft skills on my own to improve the performance in patient care, networking and excellent professional relations with colleagues, students and clinical teaching and care( specifically in the areas of communication and information).
My best way to improve is self SWAT analysis.
I have been part of the departmental team to bring forth the Department in clinical care and Research on par with international standards so that we should get referrals from other institutions.All this is possible because of excellent support I am getting from Administrators. We have state of the art Operation Theatres to manage most complicated or complex cases, well the supported by blood bank with all products and multi specialty services. Because of all these I am able to manage the difficult cases well supported by my Anaesthesia colleagues.I am happy to share that I have many publications in the renowned journals and written chapters in books and given many community education and awareness programs in Radio and Media and News papers.
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Hemorrhage in Obstetrics
- Placenta Accreta Spectrum disorders more than 20 cases since last two to three years.
- Medical Disorders in Pregnancy and Gynaecology
- Adolescent and Pediatric Gynecology
- Laparoscopic, Hysteroscopic and Open surgery
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies and Fertility enhancing surgeries
- Cesarean Myomectomy more than two hundred cases managed
- Integrated case managements ( combined multi specialty management)
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy
- Anaemia in Pregnancy
- IV iron therapy
- Research Methodology
- UG training
- PG training
- Nursing training in OBG
- Best Teacher Award in 2011
- Best Scientist Award in 2013-14
- Teacher of Teachers award in 2022
- Fellowship in Perinatology from University of Illinois Chicago USA in 2000
- Fellowship from Indian College of OBG(FICOG) in 2007.
- MS Signature award for Excellent Academics and Phenomenal Leadership in Community Reserve in 2021
- Newton Bhabha team Award for CRADLE Trial from MRC London UK and Department of Biotechnology India in 2017.
- CL JHAVERI Symposium speaker in 2012 from FOGSI.
- More than 75 publications in renowned peer reviewed journals like Lancet, BMJ, BJOG , PLOS etc
- Google H Index of 17 and Scopus 15
- Written two books and 18 chapters at National and International publications.
- Two papers received best paper award directly and 7 papers/ posters received beater paper or posters through PGs ( guided work encouraged to do)
- Recognised with Many certificates in different fields of obstetrics and Gynaecology since 1990.
- Organised many Conferences, CMEs ,workshops other academic activities .