Dr. Navin M Mulimani
Head of Department and Chief Consultant
MBBS, MD, DM
Kannada, Hindi, English, Marathi
Dr.Navin Mulimani M.D (Radiodiagnosis), D.M (Neuroradiology & Interventional NeuroRadiology) is dedicated physician and endovascular surgeon. He is currently the Chief Consultant and Head of Department of Interventional Radiology at KLES Dr.Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belagavi.
He did his MD (Radiodiagnosis) from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal & on completion continued to work as Assistant Professor is the same institute for about 2 Years. Later he completed superspeciality course of D.M (Neuroimaging & Interventional Neuroradiology) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. Before joining KLES Dr.Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC, Belagavi, he worked as an Assistant Professor in Department of Neuroradiology & Interventional Radiology at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Ramachandra University, Chennai for period of 2 ½ Years and also had short Neurointerventional Skill Enhancement training at Hospital Neurological , Lyon, France.He joined KLE Hospital in 2016 and continues to provide service in the field of Interventional Radiology
His expertise include
- Minimally invasive endovascular management of Intracranial Aneurysms (balloon and stent assisted coiling and Flow Diverter placement)
- Arteriovenous malformations of Brain & Spinal cord
- Carotid & intracranial stenting
- Mechanical Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic stroke Management
- Aortic stenting for large Aortic aneurysm & dissections
- Oncointerventional procedures like RFA/ microwave, chemo & radio embolization of hepatic , renal and GI tumors
- Embolization of pseudo aneurysms and acute trauma stabilisation procedures
- Endovascular management of peripheral vascular diseases by angioplasty & stenting, Directional & rotational atherectomy
- Endovenous Laser ablations/ venaseal of varicose veins & incompetent perforators.
- CT & USG guided procedures ( FNAC/ Biopsy / Drainages).
DM Interventional Radiology & Fellowship in Interventional Radiology (FVIR) courses run in the Department.
Dr.Navin Mulimani is available for consultation between 9am to 5pm at KLES Dr.Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Center & on call 24×7 for emergency cases.
- Neurovascular and Stroke Interventions
- Peripheral vascular Interventions
- Oncointerventions and ablative therapies for oncological diseases
- Aortic interventions
- Hepatobiliary Interventions
- Endovenous laser ablation / Vena seal for varicose veins treatment
- Letter of Appreciation- Govt of Karnataka for highest number of patients treated in Interventional Radiology under Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka Scheme in 2022.
- Best paper and research awards at various International & National Conferences.
- Wolfram Syndrome – Clinical and diagnostic details. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 2009. Vol 24, Issue 4, 436-438
- Ependymoma misdiagnosed as tuberculous, misguided by overemphasis on MR spectroscopy in endemic areas. Acta Neurochirugica (Wien) 2013 Oct;155(10):1969-71
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured proximal PICA aneurysms: A single-center 5-years experience. Neurology India May-June 2014; Vol –62 (3):269-275
- Endovascular Management in a Case of Recurrent Bleed Following Transurethral Resection of the Prostate. The Arab Journal of Interventional Radiology Jan-June 2018; Vol – 2 (1):33 – 35
- Delayed severe bleeding following partial nephrectomy managed with selective embolization: A Case report. Journal of Nephrology & Urology 2019; Vol – 31(1):1 – 3
- Computerized tomography assessment of calvarial wall thickness in different gender and age in neurosurgical practice – A single centre study. Indian Journal of Neurosciences April – June 2019;Vol – 5(2):73 – 77
- Role of selective intralesional embolization in vascular conditions of the nose and paranasal sinuses. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery September – October 2019;Vol – 5(5):1225 – 1258
- APLA Syndrome with Elephantiasis Nostra Verrucosa: A Complication of Chronic Lymphedema. Journal of KLESH lifeline August 2019;Vol – 37: 37 – 40
- Acute Pancreatitis with Rare Complications. Journal of KLESH lifeline Jan –June 2019; Vol – 36(1):38-40
- Sonographic evaluation of causes of bleeding per vagina in pregnancy. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine 2022; Volume 9(2):1116-1130
- Selective and super-selective angioembolisation for intractable haematuria of prostatic origin. African Urology Journal 2023;03(1):39-43
- Comparison of the outcome & efficacy of single layer versus dual layer mesh stent among carotid stenosis patients attending a tertiary care setting – A Prospective Observational study.Journal of Clinical Interventional Radiology Dec 2022; 7(3)
- Life Member of IRIA
- Life Member of ISNR ( Executive Member 2022-2023 )
- Life Member of ISVIR
- Life Member of STNI
- Life Member and Member in good standing of WFITN
- Life Member of IMA