Dr. Ritesh R Vernekar
Consultant, Nephrology Dept
MBBS, DM Nephrology
English, Kannada, Marathi
I was fortunate to be first DM nephrologist of Belgaum district since 2009 I’m providing my services to kidney patients & got opportunity to serve people of my district specially when there was need of KIDNEY TRANSPLANT in our needy patients, i had privilege of beginning series of kidney transplants so far did 43 transplants, i was one who did first CADAVER KIDNEY TRANSPLANT of north Karnataka, i have experience of performing > 750000 dialysis sessions till date > 900 kidney biopsies, 43 kidney transplants including high risk transplants my longest serving kidney transplant patient is > 12yr old still leading normal life with creatinine 0.8mg , i have immense experience in ICU nephrology & ICU dialysis/ plasmapheresis. i have 12 publications in international journals, i have done nephrology newer drugs international trials. My goal is to set up ABO incompatable (no blood group match) transplants & swap (exchange kidney transplants) in our KLE hospital Belgaum
- Did Highest Number of Renal Transplant by a Nephrology Resident in History of KEM Incompatible Transplant, Paired donor Transplant at KLE’s
- Successfully conducted 41 Kidney transplant including First Cadaver transplant in north Karnataka
- More than 70000 dyalysis sessions
- More than 750 kidney biopsies
- 10000 dialysis catheter insertions and numerous perm Cath insertions.
- Secured 11th Rank in Karnataka PG CET Entrance in 2001
- Bagged best oral paper presentation Award in Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN) National Conference 2008.
- 10 International publications in index journals
- Patel P, Prabha V, Vernekar R, Ghagane SC, Nerli R. Evaluation of Factors Affecting Wrist Radio-Cephalic Arteriovenous Fistula Maturation: A Single Institutional Observational Study. Nephro-Urol Mon. 2021. In Press (In Press): e118567 doi:10.5812/numonthly.118567
- Gupta P, Prabha V, Vernekar R, Devaraju S, Deole S, Adhikar P. Management of Ureteric Avulsion During Ureteroscopy: Our Experience in A Case Series. World Journal of Nephrology and Urology. 2020 Nov 25;9(2):45-51.
- Prabha V, Devaraju S, Vernekar R, Hiremath M. Single stage: dorsolateral onlay buccal mucosal urethroplasty for long anterior urethral strictures using perineal route. International braz j urol. 2016 May; 42:564-70
- Prabha V, Vernekar R, Hiremath S, Chethan JV, Hiremath M. Extensive emphysematous pyelonephritis in association with hepatic portal venous gas and emphysematous gastritis: A rare case. Journal of the Scientific Society. 2014 Jan 1;41(1):54.
- Vernekar R, Dharmani S, Prabha V. Study of risk factors in progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD). International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. 2013 Jan 22;2(10).
- Nerli RB, Neelagund SE, Guntaka A, Patil S, Hiremath SC, Jali SM, Vernekar R, Hiremath MB. Staged buccal mucosa urethroplasty in reoperative hypospadias. Indian Journal of Urology: IJU: Journal of the Urological Society of India. 2011 Apr;27(2):196
- Vernekar R, Prabha V. Assesment of Rifle Criteria in Acute Renal Failure in Hospitalised Patients. Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2011 Mar 2;3(2).
- Nerli RB, Vernekar R, Guntaka AK, Patil SM, Jali SM, Hiremath MB. Laparoscopic hemi/partial nephrectomy in children with ureteral duplication anomalies. Pediatric surgery international. 2011 Jul;27(7):769-74.
- Vikram P, Ritesh V, Nerli RB, Alur SB, Hiremath MB. Acute urinary retention in pregnancy. Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2010 Oct 19;2(8).