Dr. Swati Goudar
Assistant Professor of Gynaecological Oncology
M.B.B.S, M.S. Obstetrics and Gynaecology, M.Ch Gynaecological Oncology
Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, English
I have completed my specialized training in the management of Gynecological malignancies from an esteemed institute, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala. My goal is to provide high quality affordable medical care to patients with Gynecological malignancies and develop a strong preventive oncology program with accessible technology.
- Clinical diagnosis, analysis and patient care for optimal outcomes in Gynecological malignancies
- Staging surgeries for all Gynecological malignancies
- First assistant to over 100 Robotic-assisted surgeries for various gynecological malignancies, with training in sentinel lymph node biopsy for carcinoma endometrium using ICG dye.
- Trained in colposcopy and primary HPV based cervical cancer screening with cytology as triage.
- Trained in clinical application of genomics and molecular research in ovarian malignancies.
- Trained in Enhanced recovery after surgery(ERAS) protocols for postoperative management of gynecological malignancies and day care surgical programs in gynecological oncology.
- Secured Gold Medal for scoring highest marks in the subject of Physiology at the First M.B.B.S examination of J.S.S University, Mysore held in August 2009.
- First Prize Poster presentation at Karnataka State Obstetric and Gynecology Assciation(KSOGA) 2015, JSS Medical College, JSS Academy of Higher education and Research Mysore, Karnataka for Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension with ITP with Down’s syndrome with IUGR I pregnancy: A case report.
- First Prize Paper presentation at KSOGA 2016, Sri. BM Patil Medical College, B.L.D.E University, Vijayapura for Association between vaginal pH ≥ 5 at 13-20 weeks gestation and the incidence of preterm birth: A prospective cohort study.
- IAPC Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC) by Indian Association of Palliative Care, September 2021.
- Second author-Cirrhosis with Portal Hypertension in Pregnancy. Mrityunjay MC, Goudar S. Journal of South Asian Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, April-June 2018;10(2):134-137.
- Second author-Effect of heat stable carbetocin vs oxytocin for preventing postpartum haemorrhage on post delivery hemoglobin–a randomized controlled trial. Vernekar S, Goudar S. et al. THE JOURNAL OF MATERNAL-FETAL & NEONATAL MEDICINE. https://doi.org/10.1080/14767058.2021.2001799.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection and venous thromboembolism after surgery: an international prospective cohort study. COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. Anaesthesia. 2022 Jan;77(1):28-39. doi: 10.1111/anae.15563. Epub 2021 Aug24.PMID: 34428858
- Effects of pre-operative isolation on postoperative pulmonary complications after elective surgery: an international prospective cohort study. COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. Anaesthesia. 2021 Nov;76(11):1454-1464. doi: 10.1111/anae.15560. Epub 2021 Aug 9.PMID: 34371522 Clinical Trial.
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccination modelling for safe surgery to save lives: data from an international prospective cohort study. COVIDSurg Collaborative, GlobalSurg Collaborative. Br J Surg. 2021 Sep 27;108(9):1056-1063. doi: 10.1093/bjs/znab101. PMID: 33761533
- Timing of surgery following SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international prospective cohort study. COVIDSurg Collaborative; GlobalSurg Collaborative. Anaesthesia. 2021 Jun;76(6):748-758. doi: 10.1111/anae.15458. Epub 2021 Mar 9.PMID: 33690889.
- Section on Surgeries in Gynaecological Malignancy. Textbook of postgraduate Gynaecology: An updated clinical and practical approach. 2nd edition.
- The Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India, FOGSI – since 2014
- The Association of Gynaecologic Oncologists of India, AGOI – since 2019
- Karnataka State Chapter of AGOI, KSC-AGOI – since 2019
- the International Gynecologic Cancer Society, IGCS – since 2019
- Indian Association of Palliative Care, IAPC – since 2020
- Belgaum Oncology Society, BOS- since 2022