Dr. Vanishri Ganakumar
Consultant (Assistant Professor)
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Endocrinology)
Kannada, Hindi, English
I come from Vijayapura in Karnataka, and am a first-generation doctor in my family, thanks to the efforts and hardwork of my parents Shri Mallayya and Smt Sujata, and my brother Dr. Vijay. I completed my MD in Medicine from AIIMS Delhi in 2017, and DM in Endocrinology and Metabolism from AIIMS Jodhpur in 2022.
I am passionate about holistic and collaborative management of endocrine disorders, with focus on patient-centric care. My areas of interest include diabetes technology, pituitary and bone disorders. I am also invested in medical teaching and academic writing. Outside of work, I am an avid musician and reader, with particular interest in Hindustani classical music.
I am thrilled to have joined the JNMC fraternity, and am looking forward to contributing to the rich legacy of the institution.
- Diabetes technology
- Pituitary and Bone disorders
- Distinction in DM Endocrinology
- Winner of Endocrine Hawk eye
- ESI Prediabetes quiz
- ESI Fundamental research workshop
- Indian Thyroid Society Thyroid Clinics Quiz
Poster presentations of original research at
- ESA-NZSE conference at Christchurch, New Zealand
- ESICON 2021, Bengaluru
- ISBMR Annual Conference 2020
- Endocrine Week, Endocrine Society of India 2020
- Case presentation at Endotext Webinar August 2021
- Mittal M. , Ganakumar, V. , Shukla, R. , Garg, M. K. . Thyroid Nodule: Approach and Management. In: Agrawal, N. , editor. Goiter – Causes and Treatment [Internet]. London: IntechOpen; 2020 [cited 2022 Jun 15]. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/71446 doi: 10.5772/intechopen.91627
- Ganakumar V, Jethwani P, Roy A, Shukla R, Mittal M, Garg MK. Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) in type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) temporally related to COVID-19 vaccination. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2022 Jan;16(1):102371. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2021.102371. Epub 2021 Dec 21. PMID: 34954484; PMCID: PMC8687715.
- Mittal M, Ganakumar, V. . Graves Disease in Childhood. In: Gensure, R. , editor. Graves’ Disease [Internet]. London: IntechOpen; 2021 [cited 2022 Jun 15]. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/76567 doi: 10.5772/intechopen.97569
– Baidya A, Ganakumar V, Jadon RS, Ranjan P, Manchanda S, Sood R. Septic pulmonary emboli as a complication of peripheral venous cannula insertion. Drug Discov Ther. 2018;12(2):111-113. doi: 10.5582/ddt.2018.01016. PMID: 29760338.
- Pawar S, Ganakumar V, Jha S, Ragesh R, Ray A, Kakkar A, Sharma MC, Sharma SK. Pulmonary Cryptococcoma Masquerading as Lung Cancer. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 May;64(5):66-68. PMID: 27735154.
- Authored a chapter on “”Diabetes in Children”” in ESI Textbook of Endocrinology
- Endocrine Society of India
- Karnataka Endocrine Society
- Endocrine Society of Australia
- Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)