Dr. Veerappa Annasaheb Kothiwale
Professor of Medicine
M.D (Gen Medicine), Ph.D (Cardiology), FICC, FICP
English, Kannada, Marathi, Hindi, Russian
Prof. (Dr.) Veerappa Annasaheb Kothiwale is a renowned Physician & Cardiologist in Belagavi District. He has done MBBS (1982), M.D General Medicine (1986), Karnataka University, Dharwad and Ph.D (1991), Strazesko Cardiac Research Centre Kiev-Ukraine. USSR specializing in cardiology. He began his illustrious career as lecturer in Department of General Medicine at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi in October 1986. Since then he has been involved with the college in various capacities for the last 36 years and he has served as Professor & HOD, Vice-Principal, and Dean-Faculty of Medicine. He has taken over the charge as Registrar KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research Belagavi on 2/11/2019. He is very famous and favorite Consultant Physician at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Belagavi. He was the Vice-Chairman of API Karnataka (2018-19) and Chairman of API Karnataka Chapter (2019-2021).
Prof. Kothiwale has published more that 85 research papers, presented scientific papers, authored and co-authored books/chapters. He has under taken several clinical projects, received research grants and guided more than 35 postgraduate students and six Ph.D scholars. In the capacity of Dean Dr. Kothiwale has been involved in establishing the superspeciality departments in the prestigious KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical Research Centre.
Prof. Kothiwale has the distinction of being decorated with many awards and honors including Best teacher and Life Time Achievement by APJ Abdul Kalam Award, Chennai. He has been the guiding force for the medical students and faculties throughout his tenure as teacher of medical sciences for which he been awarded as Best Teacher from the university but also by the student’s council, Best Scientist Award and has been bestowed with Teacher of Teachers award (2015) from KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to-be-University)
- Clinical cardiology
- Critical Care
- Registrar KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research Belagavi.
- Dean of Faculty of Medicine, KAHER.
- Vice-Principal J.N. Medical College, Belagavi
- Professor & Head of Dept. of Medicine (from 2008 to 30/9/2014)
- Awarded Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology in 1996.
- Fellowship in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine at University of Illinois at Chicago in 2001.
- Best Teacher Award 2009 of KLE University.
- Best teacher Award 2010 of JNMC Students Association
- Best Clinician Award 2011 of JNMC Students Association
- Awarded the “Best Speaker” prize in the debate competition on topic [Good Teacher and Good Researchers] on 5th September 2012
- Awarded the [Best Teacher] from the Students Association of J. N. Medical College, Belagavi on 6th September 2012
- Awarded the “Best Team” prize in the debate competition on topic [Good Teacher and Good Researchers] on 5th September 2012
- Nominated as co-opted member for the Executive Committee of API Karnataka State Chapter for the year 2011-12
- Fellow of Geriatric Society of India -2012 No L -1049
- Awarded the Best Teacher from the Students Association of J.N. Medical College, Belagavi on 6th September 2013
- Dr. T. B. Basavarajendra Memorial Oration at 31st Annual Conference of KAPICON – 2013
- Awarded the Best Teacher from the Students Association of J.N. Medical College, Belagavi on 11th September 2014.
- Awarded as the Best Scientist of the KAHER, for the year 2013-14
- Awarded as ‘Teacher of the Teachers’ in KAHER, Belagavi on 5th September 2015.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Life Time Contribution in Teaching -2017 [Marina Labs/ Research and Development]
- Chairman of BOS, Medicine & Allied Subjects, KAHER, Belagavi from 2007.
- Member of Academic Council KAHER, Belagavi from 2008
- Executive officer of Anti-Ragging Committee, JNMC, Belagavi
- Member of Steering Committee- NAAC, KLE University, Belagavi.
- Supervisor (Guide) for Ph.D students, KAHER, Belagavi 2009.
- Completed more than 40 candidate dissertations & 3 ongoing
- Principal Investigator in International Studies.
- Member of Executive Advisory Board by JSS University, Mysore
- Published 15 International publications, 14 National Publications, 11 Regional Publications & 10 Publications of books/ chapter in the books.
- Life Member in Professional Bodies of