Dr. Rekha S Patil
The Department of General Medicine was established in J. N. Medical College, Belagavi in the year January 1963. It provides 24 hour care for inpatients and outpatients. Goal of the department is to provide evidence based treatment with thoughtful considerations of each patient’s need to foster wellness and healing. The medical specialty dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases. By definition it is an all embracing discipline concerning itself with all aspects of pathology and all the organ based specialties. The general medicine department is designed to provide basic and specialized procedure and corrective services to the entire family through education. During COVID-19 Pandemic department was actively involved by establishing OPD, IPD & Post COVID Care, Faculty members were part of COVID-19 Vaccine development clinical trials. The total publications last 5 Years 103, Contribution of chapters in Medical Books -10, Research project 42.
- General Medicine
- Diabetes & Endocrine
- Adult vaccine advocacy center
- Routine Health Checkup
- Casualty / Trauma care center
- Hi-Tech Intensive Care Units
- Private , Semi private & General ward.
- Infectious disease- COVID, Cold & flu, Chicken gunya, Dengue, Maleria, Leptospirosis,
Brucellosis, Typhoid, etc…
- Cardiovascular system. Hypertension (high blood pressure) Ischaemic heart disease
(angina, heart attack)
- Respiratory system. Asthma, COPD & Tuberculosis.
- Gastrointestinal system- Acute & chronic Gastroenteritis , Hepatitis, Cirrhosis.
- Neurological system- Cerebrovascular accident (strokes)
- Hematological- Anemia.
- Endocrinological- Diabetes, Obesity, Thyroid disorders
Committed to Provide You The Best Services
MBBS, MD(INTERNAL MEDICINE)
Professor And Consultant Internal Medicine