Dr. Navin M Mulimani
The Department of Interventional Radiology at KLES Dr Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC utilizes advanced, minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system. The range of diseases and organs amenable to image-guided therapeutic and diagnostic procedures are extensive and constantly evolving, and include vascular, gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, genitourinary, pulmonary, musculoskeletal, and, the central nervous system.
Using the least invasive techniques currently available in order to minimize risk to the patient and improve health outcomes; these procedures are less painful with less recovery time , reduced hospital stay as in comparison to open surgery.
Catering to needs of people & patients of North, coastal & central Karnataka, Goa & south Maharashtra using the “state of the art” machinery – Philips AlluraXper Clarity Biplane Cathlab, High end ultrasound machines (Mindray & Samsung) , Siemens 3T MRI & GE 128 slice CT, Siemens Truepoint PET-CT , Endovenous Laser machine, RFA & Solero Microwave machines ; the department takes pride in being one of the very few dedicated centers of excellence in Neuro & Peripheral Endovascular Surgery which performs its own diagnostic test and carries out interventional management of the patients.
The department conducts its own OPD (28A), IPD services and speciality clinics 6 days of the week (Monday to Saturday). Round the clock 24×7 emergency services for emergency procedures are also provided by the department.
The department is also involved training the next generation of Interventional Radiologist – DM Interventional Radiology & Fellowship in Vascular IR courses , and carries out advanced research activities. Medical & public awareness lectures, camps and seminars for various medical associations, NGOs and corporate houses are done to increase the awareness of this new super – specialty.
- Stroke Clinic
- Diabetic Foot clinic
- Varicose veins Clinic
- Vascular malformation clinic
Neuroendovascular Interventional Procedures
- Intracranial Aneurysms – coiling & Flow diverter stent placement
- Intracranial AVM/ dural AVF embolizations
- VOGM (Vein of Galen Malformations) embolizations
- Embolizations of Carotid – cavernous fistula (CCF)
- Embolizations of Spinal Vascular Malformation.
- Embolizations of Craniofacial Vascular malformation, HNF Tumors, Epistaxis
- Acute stroke Thrombectomy using mechanical stent retrievers and Aspiration Systems
- Carotid & Intracranial stenting
- Endovascular Treatment of Vasospasm
- Endovascular Blood sampling from Inferior Petrosal Sinus and Cavernous Sinus
Peripheral Endovascular and Intervention Radiological Procedures
- Arterial and venous endovascular percutaneous Transluminal angioplasty and stenting
- Catheter directed thrombolysis / mechanical & stent retriever thrombectomy for acute thromboembolism of limbs, acute mesenteric ischemia , visceral blood vessels, AV fistula grafts and pulmonary thromboembolism
- Aortic stenting for aortic dissections & aneurysms
- Renal & Visceral artery ballon angioplasty & stenting
- Embolization of peripheral and visceral aneurysms, AVMs
- Embolization for Hemoptysis, Gastro intestinal bleeding, hematuria
- Embolization of gastric varices
- Embolization of primary or secondary postpartum bleeding
- Uterine artery embolization of uterine fibroids and uterine AV Malformation, pelvic congestion syndrome
- Embolization acute bleeding from gynecological Malignancy
- TIPPS & DIPS procedure for Budd Chairi & Chronic liver disease
- Prostate artery embolization for BPH, malignancy
- Genicular artery embolizations for Osteoarthritis of knee & shoulder
- Testicular Vein embolization for varicoceles
- Stent Graft Placements
- Superior and Inferior Vena caval venoplasty and stenting
- Inferior Vena cava (IVC) filter placement for deep vein thrombosis
- Catheter directed thrombolysis & aspiration thrombectomy for acute DVT of upper & lower limbs
- Varicose vein ablation using endovenous laser/RFA/Venaseal
- PICC and central line access catheters
- Tunnelled Dialysis access catheter and chemoport placement
- Paediatric & adult vascular malformation embolizations.
- Musculoskeletal procedure and Backache Management
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
- Steroid injection for painful facet joint
- RFA / microwave ablation of osteoid osteoma, tumors of liver, kidney & other organs
- RFA / microwave ablation of thyroid nodules
- USG or CT guided FNAC / Biopsy of suspicious lesions.
- USG or CT guided drainage procedures
- Transjugular LIVER & RENAL biopsies
- PTBD, bilioplasty with biliary stenting
- Retrieval of foreign bodies