Dr. Rajesh Shankar Powar
Plastic Surgery is a branch of medicine which deals with the surgical management of a complex and wide array of diseases. It is a branch based on sound principles of restoring form with function, delicate tissue handling, minimum tissue scarring and patient specific treatment planning and execution. It is a branch coming to the rescue of challenging situations faced by other surgical specialties.
Contrary to common misbeliefs, Plastic Surgery includes much more than Cosmetic Surgeries and also involves treatment of various congenital deformities reconstruction of Defects following Trauma, Cancer Surgeries, Burns, etc.
The Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery was established on 12th October 1998 and was the first one to be established in North Karnataka. Since its inception the department has made giant strides and catapulted to great heights.
The Department is providing comprehensive treatment for Cleft Lip – Palate deformities completely free of cost, through the KLES Smile Train Project since April 2001.
The Department has a State-of-Art, Burns ICU Complex. The KLES Rotary Skin-Bank established as a joint venture with Rotary Club of Belgaum, and also supplies allograft to other parts of the country.
The department was recognized for Post graduate-training on August 2009. The department was recognized for Fellowship in Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery on July 2008.
- KLES Smile Train Project- Free comprehensive treatment provided to Cleft Lip Palate
- patients Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery
- State-of Art Burns Intensive Care Unit
- KLES Rotary Skin Bank
- Facilities for Microvascular Surgeries like Operating Microscopes, Loupes, etc.
- Modular Operation Theatres including a separate Operation Theatre for Burns
- OPD set-up with Minor Operation Theatre for OPD procedures
- Speech and Language Laboratory with a dedicated Speech & Language Pathologist
- Facilities for Sex Reassignment Surgeries
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Hand and foot anomalies- Syndactyly (joint fingers), Polydactyly (extra digits)
- Craniofacial anomalies- Deformities of skull & facial skeleton, Ear deformities
Road Traffic Accidents
- Injuries to the face
- Hand and foot injuries involving tendons, bones and other soft tissues
- Crushed injuries involving all types of tissues like bone, muscle, nerve, vascular injuries, Brachial Plexus injuries
- Thermal, scald and electric burns
- Post burn contractures and scars
- Non healing diabetic and other chronic wounds
- Complicated varicose veins with wounds
- Head and neck Cancer reconstructive surgery
- Breast Cancer reconstructive surgery
- Skin and musculo skeletal cancers surgeries
- Carpel tunnel syndromes
- Tarsal tunnel syndromes
- Nerve tumours
- Nerve palsies (Paralysis)
- A V Fistula creation
- vascular malformations
- varicose veins
- peripheral vascular diseases
- All types of cosmetic surgeries for face, eyebrows, Nose, lip, cheek, chin, ear. Etc.
- Neck, breast, abdomen, external genitalia
- Liposuction and Fat grafting surgeries for body shaping
- Botox injections , fillers
- Keloid & Hypertrophic scars/li>
- Scars of cosmetic concern
Sex Reassignment Surgery
- Male to Female
- Female to male