Skin & STD
Dr. Bhavana Ravindra Doshi
The department of dermatology is one of the oldest, started in the year 1966 headed by Dr. R. A. Kutre. Currently headed by Dr. Bhavana Doshi, with a team of 4 experienced and renowned consultant doctors on board namely Dr. A.M Pandit, Dr. Shivakumar Patil., Dr. Vijaya Sajjan and Dr. Amruta Mohite and an intake of 5 students for post-graduate studies very year.
We provide a wide range of affordable OPD and IPD services to patients coming form border areas and interiors of Karnataka, Maharashtra and Goa.
As far as post graduate and undergraduate training is concerned, we have a well equipped seminar room with a seating capacity for 40 students with latest audio-visual equipment’s and facility with good internet access. A departmental library consisting of latest editions of the text books are available for reference besides the College library.
- The department maintains a well equipped minor OT, where minor investigative and therapeutic procedures like dermabrasion, punch grafting and suction blister grafting for vitiligo, chemical peeling for melasma, facial rejuvenation and acne, nail avulsions for ingrown toe nails, prp treatment for acne scare and hair loss and non healing ulcers are carried out routinely.
- Leprosy clinic, Pigmentary clinic, Vesiculo bullous Disorder Clinic, Psoriasis Clinic, Autoimmune disease clinic, Vitiligo Clinic and STD clinic are held weekly on a regular basis.
- The department has Multipulse Fractional Co 2 Laser, which is used for facial rejuvenation, acne scar revision etc, Q switched Nd Yag Laser for tattoo removal, Long Pulsed Nd Yag Laser and IPL for hair removal and treatment of vascular lesions, excimer light and NbUVB chamber for vitiligo and psoriasis treatment.
- Diagnostic out patient based investigations like, KOH examination, SSS, dermoscopic evaluation, skin biopsies and DIF are carried out on a regular basis.
- The Ellman Surgitron Radiofrequency ablator and electrocautery machines is available in the department for removal of DPN’s, Skin tags, viral warts etc.
- Other equipments like Trichoscope and Dermascope for evaluating the patient for hair loss and diagnosing skin disorder.
- In patient treatment with DC pulse therapy, biologicals like rituximab for auto-immune vesiculobullous disorders done on a regular basis.
- Disorders of hair loss
- Pigmentary disorders
- Vesiculo bullous disorders Clinic
- Autoimmune disease clinic
- Infectious skin conditions
are treated on day to day basis
Committed to Provide You The Best Services
M.D Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy, F.I.D.D (Fellowship in Diagnostic Dermatology)
Prof. And Head, Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy