Dr. Sudarshan Chaugale
The department of Surgical Gastroenterology at KLES Dr Prabhakar Kore hospital and Medical Research Centre, Belagavi came into existence a decade ago and since then the Surgical Gastroenterology department has performed innumerable complicated Gastrointestinal and Hepato-pancreatic-biliary cases referred from all over Belagavi and the surrounding regions. The hospital has Gastrosurgeon skilled in advanced laparoscopic surgeries, complicated Hepato-pancreatic-biliary surgeries and LASER surgeries for perianal diseases . Recently the department with support from Medical Gastroenterology has started Liver Transplant surgery which is first of its kind in the whole of North Karnataka, South Maharashtra and Goa.
The department is well equipped with latest sophisticated surgical equipments and provide high quality post operative care.
Our Hi Tech OT complex is well equipped with modern amenities like CUSA, Harmonic, Stryker and Karl Storz laparoscope, ICG (Indocyanine green), Lasotronix LASER machine, EndoGIA staplers, Haemorrhoid staplers etc
A Well equipped 10 bedded Liver ICU for all post operative patients for intense monitoring and highly trained nursing staff provides round the clock bedside quality care to postoperative patients
A 20 bedded well equipped General Ward with various monitoring facilities and round the clock on Call duty doctors, bedside physiotherapist services like chest and limb Physiotherapy is impressive.
- Advanced laparoscopic HBP and GI surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric and esophageal resections
- Laparoscopic Colorectal resections, APR
- Major liver resections
- Whipples surgery, Distal pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic pancreatico-jejunostomy, cysto-jejunostomy
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication, Hellers Cardiomyotomy
- Laparoscopic choledochal cyst excision with hepaticojejunostomy
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Splenorenal and portacaval shunt surgery
- Liver Transplant Surgery
- Laparoscopic weight loss surgery (Bariatric surgery)
- Laser fistula/fissure surgery
- Laser/stapler piles surgery
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Cancer of pancreas, pancreatic duct stones, chronic pancreatitis, pseudocyst, acute necrotising pancreatitis
- Cancer of Liver, Hepaticolithiasis, hydatid cyst, liver abscess, Cirrhosis of liver
- Gall stones, Gall bladder cancer, choledochal cyst, CBD stones, Hilar cholangiocarcinoma, Biliary strictures, post cholecystectomy bile leaks and strictures.
- Gastric and esophageal cancers, Gastroesophageal corrosive strictures, achalasia cardia, GERD, Gastric GIST, Gastric volvulus, esophageal diverticulum.
- Colorectal cancer, Ulcerative colitis, Sigmoid and colonic diverticulitis, Sigmoid volvulus, Appendicitis
- EHPVO, Portal Hypertension and esophago-gastric varices
- Piles, fistula and fissure