Vitreoretina Opthalmology Centre
Dr. Vivek Basavprabhu Wani
The diseases of the retina and vitreous need specially trained ophthalmologists and advanced instruments to diagnose and treat them. The super-specialty of Vitreoretina services was established in our hospital as part of Department of Ophthalmology in the year 2018. The aim of the department of vitreoretina services is to offer diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment for patients with vitreoretinal diseases as per evidence based medicine.
Our department is well equipped with diagnostic instruments like slit lamp biomicroscope, indirect ophthalmoscope, ultrasound B scan, spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT machine) and fundus fluorescein angiography machines. We also have green laser machine with slit lamp and indirect delivery modes to treat several vitreoretinal diseases.
Vitreoretinal surgeries need a complex machine and we have Constellation(Alcon) machine in the operation theater with endolaser facility. We perform laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy, retinopathy of prematurity and others. We have established day care services of intravitreal injections of various drugs to treat various conditions including intravitreal injection of antibiotics for severe infection of the eye(endophthalmitis).
We perform complex surgeries for retinal conditions like advanced diabetic retinopathy, traumatic vitreous hemorrhage or foreign body, dislocated lens or intraocular lens, retinal detachment, macular hole, severe endophthalmitis and other conditions.
- Optical coherenc tomography for diagnostic purposes
- Ultrasound B scan examination of posterior segment in case there is cataract or vitreous hemorrhage preventing view of retina
- Intravitreal injections – bevacizumab(avastin), ranibizumab(accentrix) , ranibizumab biosimilar, aflibercept( eylea), dexamethasone depot injection(ozurdex), brolucizumab(pagenax)
- Intravitreal injection of antibiotics for endophthalmitis
- Laser treatment of diabetic retinopathy, vascular occlusions, retinopathy of prematurity, retinal breaks, neovascular glaucoma and others
- Surgical treatment of retinal conditions like advanced diabetic retinopathy, traumatic retinal condtions, retained lens fragments, dropped IOL, vitreous hemorrhage due to various causes, macular hole, intraocular foreign body and severe endophthalmitis
- Diabetic retinoapathy
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Retinal venous occlusions
- Retinal breaks
- 6) Vitreous hemorrhage
- Retained lens fragments, dropped IOL and aphakia
- Retinal detachment
- Macular hole