Dr. Prakash Somashekhar Mahantshetti
The Department of Neurosurgery at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Center, Belgaum came into existence in the year 1982, when Late Dr. S. S. Mahantshetti joined as Assistant Professor after completing his training in Neurosurgery at NIMHANS, Bangalore. Dr. S. S. Mahantshetti was promoted as Head of the Department in the year 1990. To start with, he looked after the neurosurgical services single handed for 23 years due to lack of working hands. Subsequently Dr. Rajesh Y. Shenoy, Dr. Raviraj Ghorpade & Dr. Praful S. Maste joined the department in the following years and have contributed immensely to the development of neurosurgical services at this hospital. In the year 2016, Dr. Prakash Mahantshetti joined the department as Assistant Professor, was promoted as Associate Professor in 2019 and Professor in 2022 and currently is the Head of the Department. Dr. Abhishek Patil and Dr. Vikram T. P joined the department as Assistant Professors in the year 2020.
The Department is well equipped with ultra-modern technology and ‘state of the art’ equipment which are updated from time to time i.e.
- Hi-Tech Modular dedicated Neurosurgical Operation Theatres (2 in number),
- Neuro-navigation System (HRS Easy Nav),
- Leica OHX operating microscope with intra-operative fluoroscopy for tumour surgery and Indocyanine Green (ICG) for vascular surgery,
- Zeiss operative microscope,
- Integra Cavitron Ultrasonic Aspirator (CUSA) System,
- Karl Storz Cranial and Spinal Neuro-endoscope system,
- Philips C-ARM Machine
Adult and paediatric clinical services offered can be considered under the various neurosurgical subspecialities.
- Emergency/ Craniospinal Trauma services.
- Vascular Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgeries
- Epilepsy Surgery
Committed to Provide You The Best Services
MBBS, M.S (Surgery), M.Ch (Neurosurgery)
Head of Department & Consultant Neurosurgeon
M.B.B.S M.S (General Surgery), M.Ch (Neurosurgery)(NIMHANS)
Professor and Consultant Neurosurgeon